Ts & Cs of Hire
1. TENS units should only be used in accordance with the instructions provided.
2. The success of TENS in labour is neither guaranteed nor warranted.
3. TENS must not be used by anyone fitted with a cardiac pacemaker, who has a heart disease or suffers from epilepsy; unless used in consultation with your personal GP/specialist. Do not place the electrodes on any broken skin surface. If you have any concerns whatsoever consult your medical advisor prior to use.
4. The TENS machine cannot be used in water. If the customer wishes to enter a bath, birthing pool or shower, the TENS unit should be removed.
5. It is recommended that TENS are used after the pregnancy has reached term of 37 weeks.
6. A fully refundable bond of $100.00 is payable to secure the booking. The bond is returned to the customer once the TENS machine unit and accessories are returned in working order and original condition.
7. Failure to return the TENS by the due date may result in the Customer being charged $25.00 for each and every week or any part of a week over and above the hire period until the TENS is returned. If the unit is not returned for any reason the Customer will be charged for that unit ($210 NZD less bond received). If the unit is returned incomplete, the Customer will be charged accordingly for the missing item/s.
8. The TENS unit must be returned in the postage bag/courier ticket provided. The bubble wrapping provided must be used to protect the unit.
9. In the event of damage to or loss of the TENS unit, the full retail value ($210 NZD) is payable to Eden Hersey by the Customer.
10. Non-use of the hired TENS is entirely at the discretion of the customer and no refund will apply.
11. Once the TENS unit is dispatched by courier to the Customer, the booking cannot be cancelled and a refund is not available. If the Customer contacts by phone or email prior to the unit being dispatched a refund of the hire fee and bond paid less a $25.00 administration fee applies.
12. TENS are fully tested immediately prior to dispatch. However, the liability of TENS shall not exceed the rental charge ($67.00).
13. The Customer should check the contents of the hire pack upon receipt and familiarise herself with the TENS and the instructions. The Customer must advise of any problems whatsoever immediately. No responsibility is accepted where the Customer fails to do so and renders it impossible to take any corrective action.
14. In proceeding with hire and payment, the Customer agrees to these above terms and conditions.
15. Additional hire can be arranged at $15 per week.
16. We are a New Zealand service provider and all transactions are in NZD.
Eden Hersey. Positive Birth Education, Tauranga.